Friday, March 15, 2013

A long, much overdue update

It's been a challenging year, since my last post in 2011. This year, in particular, has started off with heavy losses. A friend died tragically, my uncle succumbed to bone cancer, I lost my job and I found myself facing massive changes as I prepared to move out of my apartment that I could no longer afford because the freelance writing I do is hardly enough to carry a household on my own. The sad part is that I have had to re-home my pets. The frustrating part is that I am still looking for steady work -- even if it's part-time, even if it's temporary. The good part is that I am surrounded by wonderful people who have given me tremendous support. In an effort to return the favor, if only a little bit, I decided to reactivate this blog and use it to try to connect pets in foster care with permanent homes. Since I am not currently in a position to open up my home to homeless pets, I can at least help hook up people who are looking for a dog or cat, with a dog or cat that needs a home and is right for them.

There's no time like the present, so I will kick things off with this charming little fluffball.

Meet Zoey!


She is a Havanese, 4.5 years young, fully vetted and just super sweet. Zoey will do best in a home where she can get lots of attention from her humans, and preferably one that already has a dog or two for her to play with. If you are interested in meeting Zoey, contact ourbestriendsescue@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading, and stay pawesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment